Waller Hall, completed in 1867, is the oldest building on the Willamette University campus. Originally called University Hall, and later named after Alvin F. Waller, it was used for chapel services and classes. The building burned twice, first in 1891 when the top two floors were lost, and again in 1919 when only the shell of the building was left standing. Of interest to visitors is the Cone Chapel on the second floor. The Chaplin’s Office, Methodist Archives, a Willamette historical exhibit and the Willamette Room are on the third floor. See additional photographs.