The parents of Hallie Parrish Hinges (a local musician/vocalist known as the Oregon Nightingdale) built this house at 295 Summer Street. Her mother was the daughter of Rev. Parrish, a pioneer Methodist missionary in early Salem.
The house was one of the first Piety Hill removals (1938), in this case for the Oregon State Library. The house was approximately where a Sunken Garden was created and where the fountain now is located. It was owned by Samuel and Sara Kimball when it was moved to 700 block of Capitol Street. The new location was as the southern neighbor Rev. Parrish’s home.
When the Mall was expanded in the 1980s, it was moved again, this time three blocks north to 1075 Capitol Street. The photograph below shows it in that location.