The Rose House property was owned by the Boise family and sold to John & Louisa Rose in 1901. The Roses lived at this address to the 1930s. Mr. Rose was a carpenter. They sold the house to Ray & Clara Farmer. Mr. Farmer was the proprietor of Farmer’s Hardware in Salem. In 1949 Mrs. Farmer sold the property to St. Paul’s Parish. The building now houses offices.