Josiah Parrish House, ca.1860, was altered in 1913 at its original location at 745 Capitol Street, across from Parrish Junior High School. As the North Capitol Mall expanded in 1990, this historic house was relocated to the A. C. Gilbert Discovery Village. Movers faced a challenge when the house became trapped under the structure of the Marion Street Bridge. It was restored with the help of the Oregon National Guard in 1998 and opened that year as a part of the educational complex. See a photograph in the original location.