C.S. Rockenfield and his wife, Sally, originally built this residence on the northeast corner of Court and Summer Street in 1883. In 1937, two years after the State House burned, the state purchased this property and moved the house to 755 Capitol Street to make room for the gardens and the State Library. In 1991, during the expansion of the Capitol Mall, the Rockenfield House moved to its present location. In1992 the Rockenfield House was opened to the public as part of A.C. Gilbert’s Discovery Village. See another photograph.