The store was operated by the Query family from 1915 to 1926 when the property was sold to Roy Rice. Both Roy Rice and his wife were active in community life. In 1936, because of the economic hardships of the Depression, the Roberts Store was sold to Robert Delk. In the late 1940s, Walter and Agnes Kauth, took over the management, operating the store for the next 26 years. By 1973 the “country store” atmosphere was already being lost as the community was no longer an isolated neighborhood. It was recently painted, then closed.