This National Register property was moved to Halls Ferry Road in the 1960s. Off South River Road, it is outside the city limits.
In its original location on Winter Street, it was built in 1884 for Dr. Luke Port and his wife Lizzie and was the home for their family of two children, Alpha and Omega. The son, Omega, was a young man, working in his father’s downtown drug store, when he boarded a ship for Germany for further study. The ship disappeared at sea. This occurred when the family was planning to move to a new property, now known as Historic Deepwood Estate. The family lived in the new home only a few months in 1894-5, Lizzie leaving first, taking her daughter with her to San Diego, California. The house was sold to the Manning family.