This English Cottage style residence was constructed for Guy and Edele Irwin in 1935-36. Mr. Irwin worked as a meat packer. After his death, Mrs. Irwin married Ernest Hobbs and continued to reside here into the 1960s. Mr. Hobbs was employed at the State Printing Board. The house was acquired by the State in the late 1990s is now a State office as part of the North Mall Heritage Park.
This former residence and the Adolphson house next door are the only two North Capitol Mall Heritage Park houses still in their original locations .