This 1910 residence was built for Charles Vick, a prominent Salem businessman. He also constructed the historic Vick Building downtown on Trade Street. He is noted for donating $500 to the American Red Cross and for being the first motorist to cross the Center Street bridge in 1918, driving a Fordson tractor, to the applause of hundreds of bystanders.
A Koval photograph taken in 1978 shows the appearance of this residence has little changed in the more than one hundred years since it was built. Since his time, many other prominent families including a member of the City Council, Willamette professors, and a Master Gardener. The house and grounds have been well maintained on this handsome corner lot.