This Willson Park feature was given to the City of Salem by Eugene and Werner Breyman in 1904 as a memorial to the Spanish American War. The ornate fountain had watering troughs for horses and dogs. The cast iron fountain shattered, but the remaining base has been restored. The Breyman Brothers partnership was formed in 1863 when they opened a General merchandise store in Salem. They were sometimes referred to as the “Merchant Princes of the Willamette Valley. See other photographs of this memorial.