The first owners of this 1920 English Cottage style home were Albert and Doris Adolphson, proprietors of the Klasic Photo Shop who lived here until the late 1940s. Franklin and Doris Silkey were residents followed by Frank and Helen Lockman. The property was acquired by the State in 1959. It is now a part of the North Capitol Mall Heritage Park, a group of seven homes state-owed properties bordering the Mill Creek, south of D Street, between Summer and Winter Streets.